Mission and Vision
The Light of Truth Center, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving women in recovery by providing safe and supportive housing in an environment conducive to recovery, transition and restoration. We provide a continuum of services that assist women recovering from drug and alcohol addiction to experience long-term recovery in all aspects of their lives.
The Light of Truth Center (LTC) is a thought‐leader and innovator in women’s addiction recovery, serving as a national model with progressive philosophies and programs that surround women seeking recovery with the real world support they need for long-term recovery.
The LTC manifests this vision by:
- Continually researching, designing and testing forward‐thinking concepts that help women to heal and to end the cycle of addiction by focusing on the whole woman – her family, her work, and her community.
- Advocating for women in recovery through grassroots and national initiatives that educate, empower and evolve women, policy makers, and society as a whole.
- Maintaining a commitment to redefining the standard of care given to women seeking recovery by promoting nontraditional alternatives that create positive perceptions and attitudes as well as profound change.
The Light of Truth Center:
- Believes recovery is possible and everyone woman has the right to recover.
- Believes all souls can heal.
- Stands on integrity and does everything in a spirit of genuine love and compassion.
- Holds the vision of what’s possible for a woman until see can see it for herself.
- Serves the needs of women in a holistic manner and provides a safe space for the recovery of the physical, mental, and spiritual aspects of a woman.
- Honors the dignity and esteem of all women.
- Gives women the choice and opportunity for a new way of life.
- Loves women until they can learn to love themselves.
- Believes women are people and not statistics.
- Believes all women possess positive life skills that unfold through recovery, transition, and restoration.