16 Ways You Can Donate to Change a Life…
Here are 16 additional ways you can serve:
1. Donate $16 Dollars. Here are several ways to do that: (1) Make a one-time donation of 16 dollars. (2) Purchase a $16.50 weekly bus pass – this gives a woman the gift of transportation. (3) Donate $16 per month for a year.
2. Donate to LTC’s Annual Clothing Fundraiser. Do you have gently used or “still got tags” on items? Then share from your overflow and donate to LTC’s annual clothing sale. Pass on your good(s) and make another soul happy by wearing that “special” item.
3. Volunteer your time/gift. Chances are you have something that could benefit the women we serve. Contact LTC’s program coordinator (email@example.com) and ask what type of expertise or service is needed. You may find volunteering a great opportunity to meet people, make friends, and get involved in our organization.
4. Connect your contacts. Another way you can serve is to “peruse your contacts” and tell your friends about the organization. If you know someone who can be of service, invite them to meet you along with a member of LTC for lunch or coffee. If you know the owner of a business who can make an in-kind donation, put the right people in touch. Your introduction could lead to a new connection for The Light of Truth Center, Inc.
5. Donate your gift cards. Have Gift Cards that you have not yet used? Well, pass on your good to The Light of Truth Center. This can become a tax deductible item for you at the end of the year.
6. Find ways to contribute every day. Incorporate giving into your daily activities. If you have a gift-worthy occasion—such as a birthday, anniversary, or other holiday—coming up, organize a collection for LTC in lieu of presents. Hosting a potluck dinner? Encourage guests to bring an item to share with LTC.
7. Be an advocate. Get involved to sway public opinion or policy. You may have an impact on changing laws or redirecting funding that will benefit various organizations. By writing letters or editorials, circulating petitions, and calling or visiting legislators, you can make a difference by using your voice. The more time you take to tell your opinion, the more forceful the message. Think of the impact you can have on an individual in recovery.
8. Donate something you don’t use’ or a whole box of some-things. Bring them to 3605 Coronado Road and a LTC Representative will pick up and deliver the items to the organization.
9. Make a “donation.” Instead of buying a new gadget or outfit, spend that money in a way that will gift another.
10. Redirect gifts. Instead of having people give you birthday gifts, ask them to donate gifts or money to The Light of Truth Center, Inc.
11. Send a letter of encouragement. Just a quick note telling the women in our center how proud you are of them having the courage to change their lives, how much you appreciate them, or just let them know they are not alone. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for mailing addresses.
12. Donate from your overflow. Clean out your cupboard of canned goods, or buy a couple bags of groceries and donate them to LTC.
13. Donate fresh product. Healthy eating begets healthy living. Donate a bag/box of fresh produce to encourage the women to eat healthy.
14. Purchase food share packages. Make a donation to LTC via the Food Share program at One God One Thought Center.
15. Create a care package. Soup, reading material, tea, chocolate, soap, toothpaste, lotion, etc.; anything you think that might uplift or bring joy.
16. Love. Find ways to express your love to yourself or others, whether it be your partner, child, other family member, friend, co-worker, or a complete stranger, just express your love. A hug, a kind word, spending time, showing little kindnesses, having compassion, being of service, unselfishness, cooperate, being friendly it all matters more than you know. Be the harmonizing force in the world. Be the Light!
The Light of Truth Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit charitable organization dedicated to providing safe and supportive housing to women in recovery. Your donations go directly to the women they serve. All donations are tax deductible according to the laws within your state.