How to Get Involved
Donations of linen,
kitchen items, etc.
Please call today to
learn more about
The Light of Truth Center, Inc.
3308 Kyle Court
Building Lives From the Inside Out
- Create a loving, safe, educational supportive healing atmosphere for women returning to independent living.
- Strengthen holistically the esteem of each resident through behavior modification.
- Share with community, city, state, and the nation an innovative healing process.
- Involve community, state, and city in the healing process of these women.
- Educate the women on positive lifestyle changes.
- Provide the necessary resources needed to maintain good health and success.
- Share cultural development and enhancement workshops to stimulate intellect and provide positive management for their lives.
Our Core Beliefs:
- Believes recovery is possible and that every woman has the right to recover, regardless of her ability to pay.
- Believes all souls can heal.
- Stands on integrity and does everything in a spirit of genuine love and compassion.
- Holds the vision of what’s possible for each recovering woman until she can see it for herself.
- Serves the needs of women in a holistic manner,
- providing a safe space for the recovery of physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
- Honors the dignity and esteem of all women.
- Gives women the choice and opportunity for a new way of life.
- Loves the woman until she can learn to love herself.
- Understands that recovery women are people, not statistics, and behaves accordingly in all endeavors.
- Knows that all women come to the Center already possessing positive life skills that will reveal themselves through the process of recovery, transition and restoration.
The Light of Truth Center, Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) Non-Profit Organization.
Donations are tax deductible according to the laws within your state.
For our second annual fund raiser, LTC was mentioned in the Baltimore City Paper - August 8 - August 14, 2001.
Thank you so much Ms. Afefe Tyehimba!
INNOVATIVE CONCEPT FOR RECOVERY
The Light of Truth Center, Inc. is a non‐profit organization dedicated to providing safe and supportive housing in an environment conducive to recovery, transition, and restoration. This environment facilitates education, empowerment, enlightenment, and healing for women recovering from addictions.
At the Light of Truth Center, women live as a family unit, supporting their own and each other’s recovery process.
The Light of Truth Center is a thought-leader and innovator in women’s addiction recovery. Serving as a model for cities nationwide, the Center’s progressive philosophy and programs surround women addicts with the real-world support they need to recover fully and permanently. The Center is continually researching, designing and testing forward-thinking concepts that not only help clients to heal, but also work to end the cycle of addiction by focusing on the whole woman – her family, her work and her community. The Center is committed to re-defining the standard of care given to recovering women by promoting non-traditional alternatives that create positive perceptions and attitudes, as well as profound change. The Light of Truth Center advocates for the women it serves through grassroots and national initiatives that educate, empower, and evolve the women themselves, policy makers and society as a whole.
LTC is committed to initiating healing, inspiring, and preparing participants for successful re-entry into society. A comprehensive, structural program has been developed for the participants that places a major emphasis on spiritual healing, hygiene, parenting, money management, counseling, re-entering the work force, interviewing skills, and dressing for success.
The Light of Truth Center, Inc. was chosen as the first community organization to be featured in a new magazine called "On Purpose". On Purpose showcases organizations or women making a difference within their communities. It was truly an honored to be featured in this new and newsworthy medium. Click here to read article.
LTC's Founder Featured at Lucent Worldwide Services Net
A desire to make things better is a theme that connects the professional and personal sides of Vaile Leonard's life.
At work, Leonard is a Lucent Worldwide Services (LWS) member of technical staff in Hunt Valley, Md., who performs quality audits of the engineering work on U.S.-based Services orders. Looking to improve the way data for those audits was collected, Leonard created an innovative program for Hunt Valley that worked so well, it became the foundation for what is now a national program, according to DeAnn Hargis, director, Engineering and Installation Quality for North America, LWS, in Alpharetta, Ga...read more
LTC's Founder Featured in New Magazine - On Purpose
This award is given to persons with outstanding dedication and intense personal commitment to improving the well being of others.
LTC's Founder Received 2004 BWSNC Sankofa Humanitarian Award
Please take a minute to let us know a little about yourself, how you like our site, and/or how we can better improve our services.
LTC's Featured in On Purpose Magazine - 2 Years Later
Since I met Lisa, Christine and Theresa two years ago, our paths have crossed often and they have become my friends. I am so proud of what they have accomplished and who they are. They are but three examples of the miracles that happen every day in the lives of those recovering from addictions. The women and men who deal with these issues need our support. Click here to read article.
our 2004 Fundraiser
LTC's Founder Accepted into The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Fellows Program-2008
Do you ever wonder about the women that we serve? How are they doing at the Center? Curious about their lives and perhaps, what brought them to our doorstep? Well, with permission from the women, they have allowed us to share their stories, and a look into their lives before and after.
Get to know the women that we serve - 2008
Webmaster: GI-R-GI Creations by CLM